My Children

My greatest success is my children. Of course I will talk about them in a blog that is dedicated to what I love.

The popular attitude in my generation was to have only 2-3 children so as not to contribute to the the over population of the world. Robert Heinlein convinced me to have more . In his book "Starship Troopers". A history teacher told his class why World War 3 happened. He said that the people who were well off and could give their children a good education accepted the idea of having only 2 children. Those that were poor and couldn't take good care of their children had many. The percentage of literacy declined.Eventually war broke out between the countries with a poor population and the west. I decided that since I could give my children an excellent education (in the kibbutz) and I had relatively good genes (healthwise and above normal intelligence) it was my duty to have more than two children.

I was also influenced by a nice story (Cheaper by the Dozen), about a Western couple who gave their children an excellent education. The children jumped grades because of their knowledge which was more advanced than other children their age. I accepted this example for myself and decided that I also wanted 12 children. I had two wives who gave birth to eight wonderful and successful children. I know that many parents think that their children are exceptional. I simply invite anyone interested to ask people who know my children if what I say here is true. I didn't want to sell my sperm in order to father more children because I wanted also to raise them.

I won't write about all the successes of my children that of course they had. Here are some exceptional things:
There are very good relationships between all my children. They also don't react as step brothers and sisters, but as real siblings. My oldest child makes sure that we all stay in contact. He paid the expenses for me and and two other children to travel to the States to visit their siblings there. He also paid for the medical treatment of my daughter's dog when the dog was hit by a car. The dog has recuperated completely.

The kibbutz wanted a social worker (sw) and a psychologist to be involved in the divorce of my first wife. If you have read previous blogs then you saw that I am polyamorous. When the sw asked a daughter who was then 13 years old what she thought of her father's unconventional views she answered "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion".

I have two things to say about the psychologist:

In the paper that I wrote - "Consensual Extra-Dyadic Relationships", I included the opinions of some people about this subject. Most wrote that if there is the consent of all, then there is nothing wrong with that. On the other hand all the psychologists were against this because the only correct way that two people can be intimate is in an exclusive relationship.
(I think that today most of them would include same sex couples, but I'm not sure of that.)
I refer you to my blog on "What is our main problem ?", that the answer that is the most acceptable one to me is "wrong assumptions" - that there is only one correct way of doing something.

The psychologist that interviewed me when he learned that I'm polyamorous, suggested to the kibbutz that since I was dangerous to my children, I should be separated from them !!
Can there be any more damaging evidence of the incompetence of psychologists ?
My two youngest won the gold in world champion contests in kung fu in Teas In the up to 18 year old group. The older boy won twice (two years) and the younger one won once.
The older one just finished his army duty and the younger one is now an officer (the first of my children to do that).

Here is another special event. My first wife wanted only 4 children. When she was pregnant the fourth time she was told that there might be twins. For some unknown reason the nurse gave her an enema. This speeded up the birth so that there were only two contractions for each baby. In addition, when her water broke I saw the head of one child between her legs. I approached and caught the baby in my arms. Luckily the nurse just entered our home and asked for a scissors and some rope. I gave her both. Then the doctor came and I was sent out of the room because there was another baby. We all traveled in the ambulance to the hospital.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog